Sunday, March 1, 2009

Little weekend getaway

Jeff all ready to get the heck out of the house!
After a week of Jeff being sick, and both of us getting cabin fever, Jeff got well enough that we felt comfortable going out of town with our friends Mike and Emily. We went up to the mountains and stayed at Emily's uncle's "cabin." It was a beautiful place near the Metolius River, much bigger and nicer than our house, and we really enjoyed ourselves. We ate well, slept well, played games, and just had a lot of fun. We also went to Hoodoo, which is a ski area about the size of Terry Peak (since most the people who check this blog will know what I am talking about) with about 6 lifts, fairly short runs, but a nice place. Kirb and I bought a full day pass and shared it, taking care of Jeff in turns. Late in the day, Emily let me wear her coat so I could borrow her pass, and she took care of Jeff while Kirb and I got to go boarding on our own for a while. This was my third time snowboarding. I went once three years ago, once two years ago when I was pregnant, and then this weekend. I grew up skiing and still enjoy that more because I am a lot better, but it's fun to learn something different and Kirby was almost mad at me when I picked it up ok the first day. :) Anyway, it was a fun day. There was about 2 feet of new snow, so there was no ice, and there weren't many people there. Literally I didn't have to wait for more than one group ahead of me ever. That was nice. We also bought a couple sleds and we took Jeff sledding around and he enjoyed that too. He even got a nap in on a blankie on the floor in the lodge. Here are a few photos and a video to show Jeff sledding.
Arriving at the cabin

Taking a break

Emily and Mike

Chillin' (or warming) in the lodge

Jeff eating his 200 calories for the day in French fries and ketchup :(

Sledding with my little bundled guy

Hoo-doo in the background

No comments: